|Vacancy No.: UNAIDS/22/FT81
Title: Data-Hub Analyst, RST Asia and Pacific
Contract type: Fixed-term Appointment
Duration of contract: Two years
|Date: 10 November 2022
Application Deadline: 19 November 2022
Organization unit: AI/RSB Regional Support Team, Asia and Pacific (AI/RSB)
Office of the Regional Support Team
Duty station: Bangkok Thailand
|Main tasks and Responsibilities of the Position:|
The Data-Hub Analyst will be part of the team working on the HIV and AIDS Data Hub for Asia and the Pacific (hereafter, the Data Hub). The Data Hub (DH) was launched in 2008 and has become a key resource and important support for countries and regional partners in the Asia-Pacific region.
Reporting to the RSTAP Regional Strategic Information Advisor, the Data-Hub Analyst will take a facilitating role in all activities in the areas of data collection, organization, validation, analysis and synthesis to generate strategic information for RST, partners and the Data Hub website, and will contribute to the provision of technical support to the team on these aspects.
In particular, the Data-Hub Analyst will:
– Regularly monitor and ensure that the Data Hub website runs smoothly, including functionality with various internet browsers.
– Communicate and coordinate with contracted web site maintenance company to fix any technical problems that are detected.
– Facilitate the update Data Hub Facebook and Twitter accounts regularly.
– Lead and guide the creation of banners or images of Data Hub products, activities, and news to promote on Data Hub Facebook and Twitter in coordination with Data Hub team.
– Prepare Data Hub usage analytics regularly and compilation of Google analytics regularly and provision of monthly and quarterly updates to Data Hub team.
– Identify key data issues and validate data collected from countries, partners and other sources. Including engagement in the global processes of validation of Estimates and GAM submissions from countries
– Conduct data collation analysis and synthesis to prepare Data Hub products and slides to populate the website, and in collaboration with regional and national partners for their Strategic Information (SI) needs.??
– Proofread and propose revisions of DH written and website products.
– Expand strategic information on the Data Hub website that is collected from various partners and technical literature.
– As requested, prepare sets of power-point presentations on HIV and AIDS with most current data, and updates on data issues and validity related to newly obtained data, which are relevant and useful for various levels of stakeholders.
– Provide updated slide sets and talking points as needed for the Regional Director and other RST colleagues’ engagement in events and external / internal meetings.
Essential: Advanced university degree at Master’s level or equivalent in public health, epidemiology, reproductive health or related field, or MBBS. For internal candidates, a first university degree with seven (7) years of experience will be considered as equivalent.
Desirable: Education in data base management, economics, public health or other relevant field.
– Commitment to the AIDS response.
– Respect for diversity
– Working in teams
– Communicating with impact
– Applying expertise
– Delivering results
– Driving change and innovation
– Being accountable
– Leading teams
– Building relationships and networks
– Developing and empowering others
– Managing performance and resources
– Vision and strategic thinking
– Exercising sound judgement
A minimum of five (5) years of experience in public health research and data analysis, in particular HIV/AIDS-related or reproductive health knowledge and/or work experience, preferably on Asia-Pacific region.
Minimum three (3) years of progressively responsible professional experience at national, regional and/or international levels in data management, database maintenance, statistical analysis, and a good understanding of governments’ data operations.
– Experience in health data synthesis and analysis, in particular related to HIV and AIDS
– Experience in the use of various research methodologies and sources, including electronic sources on the internet, intranet and other databases
– Experience with computer databases, including SQL, Excel, Access etc. Experience with data dissemination through the web an advantage.
– Experience with HIV epidemic modeling packages such as EPP and AEM
Essential: Proficiency in English and Thai.
Desirable: Knowledge of another UN official language or a local language of the South/East/Southeast Asia region.
Please note that for this vacancy, only nationals of Thailand are eligible to apply. A valid passport will be requested. You are required to reside within reasonable commuting distance of the UNAIDS office located in Bangkok.
Furthermore, only online applications will be accepted.
Other similar positions at the same level may be filled from this vacancy notice.
|Annual salary: (Net of tax)|
1969253 Baht at single rate